Suzuki announces their 2016 models
With this early-release announcement of 2016 motorcycles, Suzuki shifts into a higher gear with a 2016 model lineup that delivers power, style, and road-owning comfort, with retail pricing that is sure to amaze. Suzuki is very excited to kick the 2016 model year off with the launch of the eagerly anticipated GSX-S1000 family of motorcycles, along with return of the fan favorite Bandit 1250S ABS and the retro single TU250X which marries a classic style to modern motorcycle technology.
2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 line
Starting with naked versions of the GSX-S1000 and GSX-S1000 ABS, and continuing with the full fairing GSX-S1000F ABS, all are bold new motorcycles tied directly to the legendary GSX-R heritage of inline-four performance and design. These 2016 sports roadsters take the GSX-R’s family character from the track directly to the street.
All three GSX-S1000 models are powered by a 999cc inline-four-cylinder engine that is based on the long-stroke “K5” generation GSX-R1000 engine; which has long been a favorite with riders for its power and torque delivery that is ideal for street riding performance. Making big power through the low-end and mid-range, this engine uses cams optimized for street domination. The three 2016 bikes also feature the Suzuki Advanced Traction Control System, Brembo monobloc brakes, a six-speed transmission, and a chassis designed for street-riding comfort.
The three-mode traction control system lets the rider control engine performance for more confidence in a variety of street conditions. Using a handlebar-mounted switch, the rider can easily choose among the three modes, or turn off the system completely.
Each bike’s suspension setup consists of 43mm KYB inverted front forks and link-style single-shock rear shock absorber for that balanced sport-performance and road-going comfort. The forks feature adjustable rebound and compression damping plus spring preload, and the shock is completely tunable using a cam-style preload adjuster plus adjustable compression damping.
Renthal Fatbar handlebars add to the comfort, and the rider stays informed through a comprehensive instrument cluster featuring an LCD with adjustable illumination levels.
The naked-style GSX-S1000 sets a striking pose with angular radiator shrouds that enhance its aggressive image and aid cooling performance. It features a single headlight. Sport-Street enthusiasts can also choose the GSX-S1000 ABS featuring Suzuki’s digital Antilock Brake System (ABS) that monitors wheel speed and matches stopping power to available traction.
For riders who desire a full fairing on their street sportbike, Suzuki also offers the 2016 GSX-S1000F ABS, which takes the performance of the GSX-S1000 and adds a fairing, a short windscreen, a dual-headlight face, and Suzuki’s digital Antilock Brake System (ABS) that monitors wheel speed and matches stopping power to available traction.
With the GSX-S1000 and GSX-S1000F ABS, Suzuki changes motorcycling for the better, again. The GSX-S1000 is available in in Metallic Triton Blue and Metallic Fibron Gray. The GSX-S1000 carries a suggested retail price of $9,999. The GSX-S1000 ABS and GSX-S1000F ABS are available in Metallic Triton Blue and Sparkle Black / Pearl Mira combination and will retail for $10, 499 and $10,999 respectively. The entire GSX-S1000 family will be available at your local Suzuki dealership in late September/early October.
Key Features of the GSX-S1000 line:
- 999cc long-stroke four-cylinder powerplant brings enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range.
- Finely tuned fuel injection with 10-hole injectors feeding the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system for more complete combustion, reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
- Iridium spark plugs produce a strong spark for efficient combustion.
- Three-mode traction-control system lets riders choose the optimum ignition-timing setup for their riding style.
- Newly designed lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum frame.
- Distinctive and aggressively style body work, whether rider wants a fairing or naked-bike style.
- The front disc brakes are equipped with the top-of-the-line radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers.
- KYB adjustable, inverted front fork.
- Renthal aluminum Fatbar handlebars are lightweight and reduce vibration.
- Full LCD instrument cluster is lightweight and features a speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual trip meter, clock, water temperature gauge, gear position indicator, average and instant fuel consumption readout and more.
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS
Suzuki Motor of America Inc., is thrilled to announce the 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS. The refined Bandit is back to deliver a higher level of sport-touring performance and an even greater level of everyday riding value. The Bandit’s fuel-injected engine is in naked view below a wind-breaking half fairing that boosts the bike’s long-ride capabilities. Welcome back Bandit.
Powering the Bandit 1250S ABS is a 1255cc liquid-cooled and fuel-injected engine using dual overhead cams to generate peak torque from relatively low in the rev range, plus a long curve of high-rpm power for confident highway cruising. A high-capacity radiator and liquid-cooled oil cooler keep the engine performing at its best. Power is delivered through a 6-speed transmission using gear ratios chosen to suit the broad character of this motorcycle, from city commuting to freeway cruising.
The Bandit’s state-of-the-art Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) technology, a digital closed-loop fuel-injection system, gives superb throttle response feel, extra-smooth power delivery, improved mileage and reduced emissions. Suzuki’s proven Pulsed-AIR (PAIR) system injects fresh air from the airbox into the exhaust ports, igniting unburned hydrocarbons and reducing carbon monoxide emissions. A catalyzer, built into the high-volume exhaust silencer, further cuts down on hydrocarbon, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide emissions.
The 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS features a refined half-fairing, adding wind protection that improves its aerodynamics and sport-touring capability, while keeping the bike’s eye-catching engine on display. A fairing vent just below the headlight reduces buffeting and improves airflow past rider and passenger.
The Bandit’s chassis is engineered to provide the balanced rigidity that gives it sporty performance along with touring stability. The Bandit 1250S ABS has a single rear shock that works with a progressive, rising-rate link system designed to respond smoothly to road irregularities. Rear shock rebound damping and spring preload are adjustable. Increasing the comfort potential, the Bandit features a seat-height adjustment that allows the contoured seat to be raised or lower 20mm (0.5 in.) with a simple change of mounting spacer positions.
Braking is handled by fully floating 310mm-diameter dual front discs with four-piston calipers, and a 240mm-diameter rear disc with a single-piston caliper. Digital Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
The 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS will be available in Red or Black, for a suggested retail price of $9,899. The Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS will be available at your local Suzuki dealership in late July/early August.
- 1255cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected engine uses dual overhead cams and delivers extra-smooth acceleration.
- The 6-speed transmission has carefully selected gear ratios for strong acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
- A maintenance-free secondary balancer shaft produces smooth engine operation.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV)-equipped fuel injection brings better response feel, smoother power output, and reduced emissions.
- Cylinder bores are finished with long-wearing Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM), just like the GSX-R sportbikes, for excellent heat transfer.
- A chrome-nitride coating, applied to each piston’s upper compression and oil control rings using a physical vapor deposition (PVD) vacuum chamber system, is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating, resulting in reduced friction and precise cylinder sealing.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler augments the aluminum radiator to help keep the engine running cool.
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- The Bandit’s classic tube-frame chassis is engineered to provide excellent balance between sporty handling and highway cruising comfort.
- 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and single rear shock absorber are both spring-preload-adjustable.
- Fully floating 310mm-disc dual front brakes with 4-piston calipers. The rear brakes use a 240mm disc with single-piston caliper.
- Seat height can easily be adjusted up or down 20mm (0.5 in.).
- Convenient center stand is standard equipment.
- The sleek half-fairing has an integrated multi-reflector headlight and an effective windscreen. Just below that screen, an analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, plus an LCD fuel gauge, clock, and indicator lights provide easy-to-read information.
*ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.
2016 Suzuki TU250X
The 2016 Suzuki TU250X is a retro single with a classic style mated to modern motorcycle technology and efficiency. Classic styling shows in its chrome-plated front and rear wheels, headlight case, speedometer cover, tail lamp housing, front suspension outer tube and polished crank side case produce a beautiful, high quality look.
Its up-to-date design is delivered in the 249cc, air-cooled four-stroke, single-cylinder, SOHC engine with Suzuki’s industry leading fuel injection system is tuned for strong low-end torque well-suited for city riding. It features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve fuel-injection system like that used on Suzuki’s high-performance motorcycles, plus a digital ignition and emissions systems designed to keep it burning clean.
The ultra-friendly TU250X uses a five-speed manual transmission, and features a 3.2-gallon fuel tank, plus a low seat height of 30.3 inches.
The TU250X is available in a Metallic Orange / Black combination at a retail price of $4,399. The TU250X is not available in California. The Suzuki TU250X will be available at your local Suzuki dealership in late July.